St. John Evangelical Lutheran Church was organized in 1874. Our first building was located at the corner of Lake Road and Church Road, just north of our present building in Hamlin, New York. The present structure was built in 1906 with the education wing and parish hall added in the 1940s.
For many years our church operated a Christian Day School. Our education roots are still well represented by our Early Childhood Ministries - Child Care and Preschool.
Our purpose is summed up in our mission statement: To Know Christ and To Make Him Known. We seek to grow in our relationship to Jesus Christ through worship, study and living in the Body of Christ. We also seek to proclaim the gospel of salvation to the ends of the earth, beginning right here in Hamlin, New York.